Advertisement

The Scorpio Selfishness

topic posted Tue, January 26, 2010 - 10:06 PM by  Jessica
Share/Save/Bookmark
Ok is it just me or when you're immersed in a cause or your mind isn't quite so restless as a Scorpio Moon you are the most selfless individual but when your mind is allowed to wander and the intense passion that you give to everything is put into moping or directed inward you become this selfish bundle of emotions? I've been really feeling that lately. Intensely. I go through these phases where I put all my care and intense energy into something worthy and I feel good and I rarely use the word "I" in a phrase. But then I get in a slump where life is unsatisfying and there come the "I's" again. Help! LOL
posted by:
Jessica
Oregon
Advertisement
  • Re: The Scorpio Selfishness

Tue, January 26, 2010 - 11:07 PM
    Definition: Selfishness denotes the precedence given in thought or deed to the self, i.e., self interest or self concern. It is the act of placing one's own needs or desires above the needs or desires of others.
    I think there is no such thing as being 'selfless', whatever people do they do it to satisfy their own ego - no matter how noble their act is.
    I can be selfish but when I realize what im doing is wrong and its hurting people I love, than ill back down
    Taking care of other people is great, but also you gotta fight for yourself, if you wont who else will do it for you

Wed, January 27, 2010 - 11:47 AM
    I only accept win-win situations

if anyone 'loses' on account of my actions, then that isn't good enough ~ as I am well aware that I am connected to all other people & their loss is, by extension, my loss, too ~ I am 'selfish' & look out for myself, first & it is more than obvious to me that to really do a good job of that, involves looking out for those around me (& often acting to protect the interests of those I don't even know) 'cuz, eventually, that gets back to me

I've got the 'big picture' in mind & can't accept situations where I make a so-called-win at someone else's expense ~ eventually, I'm gonna feel that 'expense' & my 'selfishness' won't allow me to call that even a temporary 'win' ~ if someone else is 'cheated' in an exchange involving me, I am cheated too & I am WAY too 'selfish' to allow myself to be cheated, willingly

if I am involved, we all win 'cuz that is best for me

love all-ways,
    mem
    • Unsu...

Re: The Scorpio Selfishness

Thu, January 28, 2010 - 10:43 AM
      from the top of the ladder,
      all things are one.
      Literally.

Fri, January 29, 2010 - 9:48 AM
        Some scorps are so egotistic that they discard "old friends" like soiled napkins the moment they no longer see any exploitation-value in them! Such selfish monsters are only concerned with themselves, all their "joviality" is just a show. The Leo-ego is tiny in comparison.

Fri, January 29, 2010 - 12:53 PM
          joakim you are correct in that as in most of my reading on scorpio, they discard people when their usefulness has been spent .
          i would go further and say that this is accurate of all 3 water signs to a degree ... a good bit of "what can you do for me ?" going on .

Fri, January 29, 2010 - 2:30 PM
            Their ungratefulness is monumental, their harp endlessly on the subject "friends", but their own behaviour towards their posses...I´m sorry, their "friends"(!), show them to be nothing but crude ape-critters in some cave, gnawing on bones! They "collect" people, in the same way that mentioned cavebrute collects cooked bear-skulls! If a loyal friendship jumped up & nipped them in their hairy xxx they would just bellow: "-WHUT THE HELL WUS THAT..??"
            • Unsu...

Fri, January 29, 2010 - 3:29 PM
              I have no friends, only tools and sperm depositories.

Fri, January 29, 2010 - 3:44 PM
                But some scorps might just one day look themselves in the mirror & realize the ghastly truth: nobody cares for them either. They are not beings most folks like seeing. Then perhaps they will remember individuals that, for some strange reason, cared for them without expecting much in return...
                • Re: James is Back !

Fri, January 29, 2010 - 5:31 PM
                  Apparently our most beloved past critic James has returned !

Verbose as ever, profile void of information, and critical to a fault.

Welcome Joakim !

Sun, January 31, 2010 - 1:05 AM
            "joakim you are correct in that as in most of my reading on scorpio, they discard people when their usefulness has been spent .
            i would go further and say that this is accurate of all 3 water signs to a degree ... a good bit of "what can you do for me ?" going on ."

I'd have to disagree. Cancers for one are clingy as hell.
            Even the ones that now hate you (that you never do anything for anymore) are never really gone.
            At least, not in my experience.

And the Pisces I have known are too permissive to seek "for me" attitudes/pay offs...
            they are usually "doing for" someone else.

Now, Scorpios *can* have their motives, but so can Capricorns...(with sun signs, I think they are worse)

My point being people in general can use each other.
            Signs can influence, but it is not at all inclusive.

Sun, January 31, 2010 - 12:19 AM
          ‘Some scorps are so egotistic that they discard "old friends" like soiled napkins the moment they no longer see any exploitation-value in them! Such selfish monsters are only concerned with themselves, all their "joviality" is just a show. The Leo-ego is tiny in comparison.’

IMO, Its stupid to atribute such behaviour to astro signs or astrology in general. Some people are simply asshols, it has nothing to do with their planetary position, they are just naturaly born fuckheads or have become fuckheads somewhere along the way. And you can find them in every corner, in every color, in every astro sign

Sun, January 31, 2010 - 12:55 AM
            "‘Some scorps are so egotistic that they discard "old friends" like soiled napkins the moment they no longer see any exploitation-value in them! Such selfish monsters are only concerned with themselves, all their "joviality" is just a show. The Leo-ego is tiny in comparison.’

IMO, Its stupid to atribute such behaviour to astro signs or astrology in general. Some people are simply asshols, it has nothing to do with their planetary position, they are just naturaly born fuckheads or have become fuckheads somewhere along the way. And you can find them in every corner, in every color, in every astro sign "

I'd have to agree Roxie.

The above post sounds just like a self-centered Cancer man I know so it is not all about the sun sign....

Sometimes an A*hole is just an A*hole.

Sun, January 31, 2010 - 3:47 PM
              I have not been naive when I´ve dealt with certain scorps, in the past I´ve read all written material I could find about Scorpio, and I understood from the start that to expect "mutual friendship" from them is like expecting similar things from a spider. I don´t really blame them, I accept things as they are, but some part of me perhaps hoped that certain "virgoan kin connections" would enable me to be an exception from this rule. Which of course is a bit sappy (but hey: the world has no shortage of cynics). Scorpio does not give xxxx about virgoans or other scorps, I don´t think they think in those terms. They don´t belong to any group, real or imagined. Perhaps even more solitary & individual than the rams? Just trying to play any misty-eyed "But I´m your old pal & just want to be your buddy" tune to old Scorpy is pathetic and will forever be met with a big: "-HEE HEE!" Sooner or later that favourite gator is going to dive down in the swamp, never to reappear again & I guess that should be seen as perhaps a relief for most virgoans, a blessing. What a lovely monster! But thank heaven it´s over.

Sun, January 31, 2010 - 4:21 PM
                Joakim ever consider that it is perhaps it is what you project that leaves you in such negative relationships with Scorpios? No one wants to be labled in the first place.

I get along with all of the Scorpio people I have ever met. Even if we did not become personal friends there was /is mutual respect. And in my experience (and there have been many as much of my inner circle has dominant Scorpio in their charts) Scorpios do not attack unless prevoked and even then, they do not necessairly. They are recluse by nature.

Mon, February 1, 2010 - 10:04 AM
                  I´m sure most can get along with scorps on a superficial level, the myth about "everyday Scorpy" as some sort of belligerent bully (rams & watercups do that!) is ludicrous; they just seem like intense & kinda "crabby" folks, rather easy to meet the first time. But try to establish a friendship relationship with scorps (not just one way, but mutual), then things get complicated if one is not considered a human "ripening investment"!

Sun, January 31, 2010 - 1:07 AM
      MEM- you are right on target. well said.
      • Unsu...

Mon, February 1, 2010 - 9:10 AM
        Yes, Jokeim sounds like she got stung. I didnt know if the things she said were serious or just Jokes. But it feels like she is calling us all the horrible things that she feels scorpions to be.

I would ditch a person like her too if she were filled with such vitriol.

Mon, February 1, 2010 - 10:25 AM
          Virgoans are wary critters & don´t "give themselves away" emotionally to anyone easily; most are far more detached and indifferent than scorps would like them to be. Natures "unconcern" resides in Virgo, some may miss certain "objects" to study, but if their lives contain one or two fewer crude egotists they are not that bothered. Frankly, they don´t give a..*beep*!
          • Unsu...

Mon, February 1, 2010 - 11:06 AM
            Going by what you're saying then , They are a perfect match.

Its funny how Virgos are so unconcerned and unbothered, yet act opposite. If a so-called egoist comes along ,they critiscize and annalyse the "bleep" out of it and themselves and act indifferent and stoic as a defense/revenge move. Thats why all of a sudden, one of the virgos come on Tribe to throw a lot of bitter spouting about how awful scorpios are. That, my fellow Scorpions, shows that we do get under the stoic skins of Virgos and we cause them great pain. I am sorry for what you've been through, Joakim because you have shown that you actually do give a fuck....I mean "bleep"

But that sounds like an isolated matter unique to yourself.

I love the virgos in my life and they love me back. They are one of my favorite signs to get along with and the women are sexy.

Mon, February 1, 2010 - 1:02 PM
              "i would go further and say that this is accurate of all 3 water signs to a degree ... a good bit of "what can you do for me ?" going on ."

I have water triad and many people probably think I am selfish. I actually never ask what others can do for me, but once a person gives me something, "DON'T EVER THINK ABOUT TAKING IT BACK!!!"

Mon, February 1, 2010 - 2:43 PM
              Do not see virgoans interest & probing nature as "emotional clinginess"; If a virgoan has spotted a Scorp they think is "the baddest piece of Scorp in the jungle" that means he will probably go a long way to try & get aquainted with this impressive specimen, even if this "hairy jungle-scorp" is behaving like a brute. He knows for sure that that "monkey" only will allow him in his presence as long as he comes with "banana", but he accepts this; that is what nature programmed those buggers to do, he reasons. Many virgoans are like cameras: they observe, the lens is constantly zooming. But of course he will be disappointed if his favourite monkey he hoped to develop further bonds with one day gives him the finger & leaps into the jungle never to be seen again, he liked the furry devil! But that does not mean his world just collapsed. Are you completely sure that the virgoans in your life...love you? Most virgoans "like", they are good at "liking".
              • Unsu...

Mon, February 1, 2010 - 9:09 PM
                Joakim. Are you as a Virgo only capable if liking people instead of loving them? Is it hard for you to believe that a Virgo can love a Scorpio ? Your question sounds more like the hatefull indirect spoutings of a bitter victim of a relationship gone bad. Don't take your anger out on us just because your pain was caused by Someone who happen to be scorpio. Why don't you just tell the person who hurt you all this stuff? You don't even realise that you're making up messed up descriptions about virgos and ripping them just to out do Scorpio. Are you trying to make us feel bad? How can we help you get over your pain?

Mon, February 1, 2010 - 4:48 PM
          sean;

"Jokeim sounds like she got stung."

Jokeim is a male. . . .

A male whom, I believe, has been stung by a female with a Moon in Scorpio (as was good old John), and has come here to vent upon us.

It would be helpful to him, and to us if he would be specific about his travail(s).

We shall see. . . . .

Tue, February 2, 2010 - 5:24 AM
            Virgoans never were designed as "lovers", such expresssions often just make them puzzled. I´m not completely sure they were designed as "friends" either, it´s the loneliest sign in the zodiac (folks who like silence & empty diners). Most are interested in TYPES, not human companions. Sometimes they find types they really like & get kinda attached to. If those types leave them they´ll miss them like good books (and they really miss a good book when it ends). But to claim that this situation has caused "heartache"...well, then some further study of the virgoan nature probably is necessary!

Tue, February 2, 2010 - 2:24 PM
              have to agree with joakim here

Tue, February 2, 2010 - 2:57 PM
                Many virgoans need "role-models" or "pole stars" to navigate after, and this is where old Scorpy comes into the picture! A Leo could suffice, but I prefer the old-school mythology with the Virgo/Scorp yin/yang, light & darkness relation. Scorps, as mentioned, don´t care about this, but virgoans should look for proper Scorpio "father figures"! And with proper I don´t mean christian, domesticated scorps, I mean rough stuff! My mental image of this is one gruff bugger in a rocking chair wearing straw hat & rattler-boots/jacket roaring: "THE ONLY USEFUL MAIDEN IS THE ONE IN THE KITCHEN, HEE HEE!" This is the kind of "al dente" stuff most virgoans need to develop. They may not like it initially, but it´s good for them, like asparagus.

Tue, February 2, 2010 - 4:30 PM
                  Jessica started this thread with personal observations, and a desire for others experience and input.

We have wandered far - now we're dissecting Virgo !
                  The thread has been hi-jacked by Joakim, who may simply be a Troll.
                  (Doubt that, there's too much matter to his posts. But still . . . .)

Can we return to the original subject, and begin a new thread just for Joakim?

WHAT THE HEY? Had to sign in twice to get this posted. Typical old Tribe glitch?
                  Thought we had new management to fix all this stuff.
                  • This is the maximum depth. Additional responses will not be threaded.

Tue, February 2, 2010 - 8:00 PM
                    for someone who doesn't like Scorpios, Joakim sure does give them a lot of attention.

Tue, February 2, 2010 - 10:50 PM
                      "for someone who doesn't like Scorpios, Joakim sure does give them a lot of attention."

You got that right Oneinmotion!!

I don't think any of us should stress if there are times in our lives when we find ourselves using "I" a bit more than is normal.

There are an awful lot of emotional vampires out there that take and take..

Sometimes it's good to hear the word "I" come out of your mouth. And to acknowledge that your life isn't to be lived for anyone else, but for yourself alone.

Wed, February 3, 2010 - 9:05 AM
                        The most usual response I get is that I don´t like Scorps, I hate them. But that is not true, all I do is trying to elaborate on a VERY COMPLEX zodiac relationship. A part of Virgo hates Scorpios efforts to make them their pets/minions & a part of olde Scorpy abhors the inquisitive, sarky & witty Virgo. Another part of virgo is starstruck by scorps & most scorps see virgoans as rather clever, but annoying, critters. Almost like two vital pieces of some feared, ancient jigsaw puzzle: put them together again & celestial harps maybe will be heard OR the abyss perhaps will open wide & spew forth things too terrible to mention...

Wed, February 3, 2010 - 1:48 PM
                          Joakim you should continue your discussion here scorpiomoon.tribe.net/thread/...1271fa6a as this is off from the original topic

Wed, February 3, 2010 - 2:11 PM
                            Scorpians (vir/lib/sco) cannot be told what to do as long as they are positioned within the frame of the law; they are unruly, impossible to dominate. The best way to get a scorpian to do as one likes him to do is to try to manipulate him into believing its his own preferred choice. Maybe then. But this is li´l Virgo, the Merc-Scorp, not some doodling country n western-stinger with empty beer-cans beneath the rocking-chair...
                            • Unsu...

Wed, February 3, 2010 - 3:40 PM
                              I have seen ruthless scorpion selfishness first hand. If it has to do with the sign, then I would atribute it to the high level of passion for what they want and formidable ability to succeed. Its a shame that people can get hurt in the process. Eggs have to break to make an omelet. But alot of scorpios dont even hurt others. All other signs have had natives who are capable of messing people up. Its just that Scorpios are better at it than most.

It is also a shame that our critics would never point out the high levels of devotion, protection, and generocity we also give to others.

We as a sign are popularised to be the dark , mysterious, ruthless, oversexed people. Its easy for others to blame us first when a relationship goes wrong. They just wont readily do it to our face.

Wed, February 3, 2010 - 4:40 PM
                              Joakim you should continue your discussion here: scorpiomoon.tribe.net/thread/...1271fa6a

We have extended you the opportunity - with no malice or prejudice - to express your feelings, opinions, etc. in an open forum.

Please accept my invitation.

Wed, February 3, 2010 - 6:33 PM
                                Scorpio is the only sign that will self-destroy, according to classical astrology. No other sign is described that way.
                                i find this observation interesting.

The logical conclusion is that you only have to study the weak points and then direct the self-destruction skillfully. I do not know if selfish strictly applies here, but I know that we are dealing with deep waters, so deep fixed emotions and passions to play on.

It can, and has probably been done already by cold calculating characters.

My belief is that Scorpio selfishness is collateral and that Joakim is just blowing some steam.

Wed, February 3, 2010 - 9:19 PM
                                  As for the cruel behaviour that Joakim is describing, I would point the accusatory finger to Capricorn first.
                                  Capricorn, an Earth\Saturn sign comes from a deep well of insecurity, not acknowledged, making cold ambitions lethal.
                                  Think Stalin for fun.
                                  I have a feeling that passionate Scorpio also carries a sense of justice, sprouted in Libra, but that simply evades the pure Capricorn character that is about something else entirely.

However, I would be interested in comparing psychopaths of every sign. Maybe, these would exhibit some initial characteristics at first, and even there and not for long.
                                  Psychopaths run in every ilk.

Thu, February 4, 2010 - 5:00 AM
                                    Is that you mr T? Scorps should wander around more, most like their familiar lairs best, but by just whistling & fiddling in that restricted area they deny the world their words of wisdom (and maybe that´s the point: keeping all the goodies for themselves?)

Thu, February 4, 2010 - 7:42 PM
                                    Yesterday a Capricorn moon cousin just called me illogical after I stated my thoughts about religions. I never call others illogical before I understand the whole point they are trying to make. Maybe I was being selfish because I failed to understand his need to dwell on one sentence without understanding my whole point at dinner table and I still believe I am more logical than him.

Thu, February 4, 2010 - 9:15 PM
    Perhaps you reach a "burnout" spot by spending perhaps a little tooo much time fulfilling others needs and desires.

There is a significant difference between the ego based use of the "I" in communication:
    "I want you to shut the fuck up, you loudmouth bastard."
    As opposed to:
    "I would like to stop talking, and let me tell you what I mean."

The first is not actually an "I" message, it's a "You" message, an attack upon the person.
    The second is a personal request, clearly stating your need, and is non-confrontational. It is not really selfish

Which are you using; the snotty "I" or the personal desire "I"

Short story:
    The lack of an "I" message can produce results unfavorable to both parties.

My wife and I were in Georgetown, looking for a place to have dinner. She is a vegetarian, and I a Jew, so finding an ideal - and new - experience in dining is not easy. After walking miles, and reading many menus (now hungry as hell) we discovered each was looking for what we thought the other would best enjoy, rather than what we wanted for ourselves, which might also be OK with the other.

After a few sentences beginning with "I" we were eating a wonderful Ethiopian dinner - at 9;15 pm.

Thu, February 4, 2010 - 10:40 PM
      Sorry that should have been ""I would like you to stop talking, and let me tell you what I mean."

Duh. Blew a good point with poor typing.

Fri, February 5, 2010 - 2:32 AM
        Its all good Edward! :)
        • Re: The Scorpio Self Sacrifice

Thu, March 24, 2011 - 8:27 PM
          On the flip side of this topic is the pitfall of Scorpio Moons becoming SO involved with another
          (or a cause for that matter) that they place the needs and demands of the other above their own.

Thus contributing greatly to the object of their "obsession" but losing themselves in the process.

Examples:

Scorpio Moon patient telling Dr. in re; possible stress contributing to his cardiac problems - "No home problems; my wife says I'm a perfect husband." Dr. replies - "Thereby setting you up for failure! You won't be satisfied to live up to her definition of a 'perfect husband'. You'll try to live up to YOUR definition, which is impossibly high."

Nelson Mandela being told he was being released from prison, and refusing to leave. . .
          • Re: The Scorpio Self Sacrifice

Fri, March 25, 2011 - 10:52 AM
            Scorpio Moon are fragile, or maybe all Scorpios, as anyone on the planet, can be. There is always a weak point somewhere, even the flip point side of a strong point.

Cases that I know: a female Scorpio Moon being taken in for over thirty thousand dollars by her gambler Sag boyfriend and then jilted. Another one, a male, living a loveless/sexless life with a former mate because they share a house together. Another one drinking his life away.
            And one that I read about, the Scorpios being slowly snuffed out by the acquiescent clinging vines

Sorry to tarnish the big bad Scorpi image being branded on this thread, but also what about the astrological saying that Scorpio can be induced to self-destroy, has that ever been done that you know? Would you know?
            Scary isn't it but always good to check the weak points and underbellies.
            Emotional people can get used.

Not that simple and dry cut, isn't it for big bad user Scorpy. Maybe you don't know the inside story (or maybe you fathom some of it already).

Recent topics in "Scorpio Moon"

Topic Author Replies Last Post
Growth Moon God 0 September 18, 2014
Phlegmatic anči 4 August 24, 2014
scorpio moon with badly aspected venus and ascendant elisabeth 0 August 23, 2014
Can you recognize scorpio moon people? Endofworld 9 April 20, 2014